Student Social Justice Campus Champion
This award recognizes a student who has promoted social justice through any of an array of activities in either paid or unpaid work. The activities listed below are suggestive rather than required or exhaustive.
• Encourages critical dialogue, promotes reflection, builds community, and facilitates or inspires organized action through innovative learning and community-building that goes beyond advocacy and promotes critical thinking and tolerance for multiple points of view.
• Integrates theory and practice to support social justice activism and leadership skills in the context of learning or organizing.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and continuous growth in the field of social justice theory and practice as applied addressing structural inequality and the perspectives and concerns of underrepresented populations.
• Works to improve the climate of a department, program, school, division, or the university as a whole to significantly increase underrepresented students pursuing and completing their studies at The New School.
• Promotes inclusive learning environments and empowers students to shape the direction and the scope of their learning.
• Any student who is currently enrolled at the time of nomination, is in good academic standing, and illustrates the qualification criteria.
• Students who have received this award within the previous 5 years are not eligible for the current award cycle.
Name of student being nominated:
Contact email of student being nominated:
Please provide detailed responses to the following questions, answering as completely as possible:
1. Name two significant contributions the nominee made during the current academic year to promote social justice at The New School (For example, did they plan an event to raise awareness or conduct community-building and organizing around issues of equity and diversity?)
2. In what ways has this student proven themselves as a leader of social justice at The New School?
3. How have they included social justice practices in their own lives?
Do Not Fill This Out